HERSHEY ENTERTAINMENT & RESORTS
Effective date: March 1, 2022
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect this information about you automatically or when you provide it to us. This may include personal information, which is any information that identifies, describes, relates to, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household (“Personal Information”).
Information You Provide to Us: When you contact us, visit us, or use the Sites, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, date of birth, email address, mailing address (including zip code), phone number, payment information, signature or electronic signature, or pictures (which you may take through our Hersheypark app). Some of this information may be Personal Information, either alone or in combination with other information.
In order to improve the Sites and provide more convenient, relevant experiences to our guests, we may use "cookies" and similar devices to track your activities on the Sites. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site or online service to recognize your browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information. Cookies help us track the number of users on the Sites, number of downloads, types of products and services used and to market our products and services to users. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including IP address) is transmitted to our data collection tool service providers.
DO NOT TRACK
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
As described in detail below, we may use the information we collect, including your Personal Information, in many ways, such as by sending you promotional materials. In addition, as outlined below, you may unsubscribe or “optout” of certain uses of your Personal Information.
Use of Your Information:
- Personal Information: We will use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you provide Personal Information to make a reservation, purchase a season pass, register for email communications, opt-in for text message communications, enter a sweepstakes or contest, or purchase products or services, we will use it to register you for or provide you with those products or services. We also may ask for this information to enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials and services available from our Sites, to enable us to enhance your site visit, to assist you with customer service or technical support issues, to follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your customer relationship with HE&R. It is completely optional for you to participate in these areas of the Sites. Subject to your ability to unsubscribe or “opt-out” of certain uses of your Personal Information, we may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about features, products or services and other offers from our sponsors, partners, and the like that we think may be of interest to you. This information may be sent to you by postal mail, email, text message, or other means. Under certain circumstances and subject to terms and conditions of our promotions, we may post some of your information on the Sites (for example - if you win a contest we may post your first name, city and state where you live on the Sites).
- Text Messages: If you purchase products or services through the Sites, we may ask you to enter your phone number and consent and agree to receive transactional text messages which may include confirmation of your purchase, reminders for events and hotel stays, electronic tickets, information related to your stay at one of our properties, and similar content. Transactional messages are not advertising or marketing, but instead are part of our purchasing and reservation process. If you opt-in to receive promotional text messages, you may receive offers about our products and services. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting STOP or emailing Webmaster@HersheyPA.com. Message and data rates may apply.
- Text Message Calls to Action: When you visit our Sites or our properties, you may see “calls to action” asking you to text a key phrase to receive information on a topic of interest, a discount code, or a similar benefit. By texting the key phrase to the number listed on the call to action, you consent to receiving an automated, one-time text message providing the information or benefit stated on the call to action. Although we will only send you one text message in response to each text from you, you can always text STOP to cancel or HELP for help. Message and data rates may apply.
- Communicating with Job Applicants and Employees: If you apply for a job through the Sites, you must enter your contact information, including without limitation your email address and phone number (residential or mobile). We will use this information to contact you about your application and, if you become employed by HE&R, about your job. Additionally, when completing your application, you may consent and agree to receive transactional text messages to your mobile phone number. Transactional messages may be automated and may include confirmation that we have received your application, notice of open positions, interview reminders, and similar job-related content (including content related to other positions for which you have not applied). If you become employed by HE&R, you will continue receiving automated, transactional text messages related to your job (unless you opt out as described below). Transactional messages are not advertising or marketing, but instead are part of our job application and employment process. Job applicants and employees may opt out of receiving non-emergency transactional text messages at any time by texting STOP or emailing Webmaster@HersheyPA.com. Emergency text messages do not require your consent, and HE&R may call or text your residential or mobile phone number related to any situation potentially affecting the health and safety of our employees, customers, or others. Message and data rates may apply.
- Anonymous Information: We may also use information in anonymized, aggregate (“Anonymous Information”) form for purposes of research or analysis. In order to better understand and serve our guests and the users of the Sites, we often conduct research on our guest demographics, interests and behavior based on Anonymous Information we gather. Although this Anonymous Information may be derived from Personal Information, it does not identify you personally. We may share this Anonymous Information with a variety of third parties, including our affiliates, agents, and current and prospective business partners. We may use Anonymous Information for advertising and promotional purposes and administration of the Sites, and we may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes. For example, IP addresses are used for the purposes of system administration and to provide Anonymous Information to advertisers about the volume of use on the Sites, and demographic Anonymous Information may be shared with our advertisers and business partners.
- Advertising: We may also enter into agreements with third parties that possess technology that allows the Sites to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Sites and on other websites. Information collected through cookies (described above) or similar technology may be shared with these third parties for this purpose. The Sites may use Google Analytics and the third-party cookie DoubleClick to optimize our Sites based on the traffic we receive and assist with marketing. To learn more about Google Analytics, including options for opting out and/or managing the ads you may see online please visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners. Additional information regarding online advertising is available.
- Other Purposes: We may also use the information we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us, to detect fraud or illegal activities, for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services, to enforce our Conditions of Use and to communicate with users.
Disclosure of Your Information
HE&R does not sell your Personal Information.
HE&R may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a business purpose may include the following:
- Administrative Purposes: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf such as hosting specific portions of the Sites, maintaining databases, administering sweepstakes, mailing information and processing payments. When we employ a third party to perform these functions, that third party will only be provided with the particular Personal Information it needs to perform its function, and is required to protect the Personal Information.
- Marketing Purposes: We may share information we collect, including Personal Information with our third party service providers who help us advertise our and our affiliates’ products and services to users.
- The Hershey Company (“THC”). We may share information we collect, including Personal Information, with THC, if a request submitted to us is more properly addressed by them. For example, sometimes we receive questions about Hershey’s Chocolate World attraction (a THC property). We may share information so that THC can respond to those questions. We may also share anonymized data with THC and its third party service providers so that THC can more effectively deliver digital ads about its products, services and events based upon your interests.
- Other Disclosures: In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to: (i) protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of HE&R and its affiliates or its or their employees, agents and contractors; (ii) protect the safety and security of our guests; (iii) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (iv) respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities; or (v) comply with the law or legal process.
YOU MAY ENCOUNTER THIRD PARTY LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Right to Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications
If you have previously provided contact information (which may include Personal Information) to HE&R and have subscribed to one or more email newsletters or are receiving emails or other communications that you no longer wish to receive, please discontinue your subscriptions by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email message, or contact us at Webmaster@HersheyPA.com.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared or disclosed your Personal Information; and
- Our business or commercial purpose for sharing or disclosing your Personal Information to those third parties.
You may also request a portable copy of your Personal Information, which we will deliver to you in a readily usable format.
Your Right to Correct Your Personal Information
You have the right to correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we have collected from you. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will update the inaccurate information with the correct Personal Information that you provide to us.
Your Right to Delete Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected or otherwise perform a contract with you;
- Fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law;
- Provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing relationship with you;
- Detect security incidents or protect against malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute such activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing or intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another person to exercise his/her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Engage in scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on our relationship with you; or
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Submitting an Access or Deletion Request
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request, calling us tollfree at 1-800-HERSHEY, or visiting customer service at one of our properties. We will respond to you within 10 days of receiving your request with additional information. We will normally fulfill your request within 45 days, although in some instances we may require additional time. We may, however, be unable to fulfill your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request. If you provide written authorization for another person to submit requests on your behalf, we will verify your identity before responding to any such requests.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
We recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections for children who visit the Sites. At various places on the Sites, we may ask users for their date of birth in order to verify their age. By using the Sites you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. The Sites do not solicit or knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. Children under 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from submitting or posting any Personal Information on the Sites.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INFORMATION SECURITY
HE&R takes reasonable security precautions designed to secure the Personal Information that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access of such Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of HE&R to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US
c/o Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company
27 West Chocolate Ave.
Hershey, PA 17033
or via email at: